Mar 30, 2017

New Cover Page!

My new cover page is complete! I spent around two hours combining different colors, fonts, sizes, and placements just so I could make sure my cover would turn out perfect! Without a doubt, it did! 

As I mentioned in my previous blog, my first cover page had some minor issues, including page numbers, color of the texts, and the masthead organization. Today, after a long day at school, I assured my self that working on my new cover page would help me unwind and relax; so I did just that!

Beginning with the issue with the masthead, I combined the two type layers, KICKER and ZONE, so it would flow smoothly as KICKERZONE. Because of this change, I would have to move the bar code, another issue of mine. As I moved the bar code around the page, I discovered that it best fit in the bottom left corner like many other magazines. The change of the masthead also urged me to organize the sell line and date line differently. Using the same size text this time, I placed the sell line under the masthead on the left side of the page and the date line on the right side of the page. I was finally done with the top of my cover page!

Moving on, I knew it was time to change the cover image. This was one of the hardest parts of the night because every image was beautiful in its own way. However, they did not represent the fight for equality. Finally, I chose on a simple image of Jessica faced away from the camera. This image can stand on its own, without taking too much attention from the rest of the cover. Also, the position Jessica is in, shows the power she has, which ties into the main theme. 

The change of the picture allowed me to move my cover lines around and organize them in different ways. Since Jessica is the main focus of the cover, I decided to increase the size of her name and her interview cover line. Along with increasing the size, I changed the color of Jessica's name causing it to stand out more. However, this increase in text and change of color made the other cover lines look very minuscule and unimportant. Though I wanted the main cover line to be in bigger text, I didn't want it to over power the rest. After what felt like eternity, I was able to find the perfect balance between the texts. I then deleted the page numbers next to each cover line and my masterpiece was complete! I am incredibly satisfied and content with the final product. Here it is: 


- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment