Mar 18, 2017

The Outline

It's time for the big reveal! My outlines are complete and I have never felt better! The two outlines I have created each represent a different layout and organization style. Let's take a look!


OUTLINE #1:
In this outline, the masthead is clear and easy to read, inclining more viewers to read the magazine. The sell line right under the masthead keeps the layout organized along with the placement of the cover lines.  The placement of the barcode really interests me because it is placed in a unique place, making the magazine more original. The barcode also fills in the extra space left from the masthead so the layout doesn't look like it's "missing" something. So far, this is my favorite outline, but let's see what else I can come up with








OUTLINE #2:
My second and final outline! In this outline I changed the layout and organization to vary things up. However, I do not really like it. The image I chose is the only part of the layout that really stands out to me because it makes the viewer feel like they are about to watch the goal of the year. But everything else is sort of plain and unoriginal, which is the exact opposite of what I want. The way the cover lines and masthead are presented are very common among magazines.  So, I have decided not to use this outline.








Out of the two outlines, I think it is clear that my favorite is outline #1. But I was thinking to myself, and I realized, if I combine the outlines, my magazine would look not only amazing, but would be easy to read and appealing to the viewers. So what exactly would I combine? Well, if I took the image from outline #2 and the layout and organization from outline #1, then my magazine would be perfect! I finalized my sketches and this is how the combination turned out:







Looking at it, I realized that all components tie in together, creating a cohesive outline. Since nothing over powers the rest of the elements, I believe this outline is perfect for the cover of KICKERZONE.










Well there you have it folks! My cover outline for KICKERZONE is finally complete. Now all I am missing is my layout designs for my table of contents and double-page spread. But, my brain needs to rest in order to create more masterpieces. Goodnight!

- AC

No comments:

Post a Comment